The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has revealed the National Assembly elections will be repeated tomorrow, March 18 in eight senatorial districts and 33 federal constituencies spread across 15 states.
Naija News learnt that the supplementary election will be conducted alongside the governorship and House or Assembly elections.
Recall that the Senatorial election did not hold in Enugu East Senatorial District following the demise of Labour Party candidate, Oyibo Chukwu, a few days before the February 25 election.
There was also no election in Esan Central/Esan West/Igueben Federal Constituency in Edo State as a result of the omission of the logo of one of the parties while the three Senatorial Districts and 11 Federal Constituencies were suspended by INEC in Sokoto.
The states where the supplementary elections will hold are:
1. Enugu East (Enugu)
2. Kebbi North (Kebbi).
3. Plateau Central (Plateau).
4. Yobe South (Yobe).
5. Zamfara Central (Zamfara).
6. Sokoto East, North and South (Sokoto)
House of Representatives
7. Akwa Ibom (Abak/Etim Ekpo/Ika and Ikono/Ini).
8. Edo (Esan Central/Esan West/Igueben and Orhionmwon/Uhunmwode).
9. Imo (Ikeduru/Mbaitoli and Isu/Njaba/Nkwere/Nwangele).
10. Kano (Doguwa/Tudun Wada and Fagge).
11. Kebbi (Arewa/Dandi and Koko/Besse/Maiyoma).
12. Oyo (Ibadan Northeast/Ibadan Southeast and Oluyole).
13. Rivers (Gokana/Khana and Port Harcourt II).
14. Zamfara (Gummi/Bukkuyum and Gusau/Tsafe).
15. Taraba (Takum/Donga/Ussa); Kogi (Bassa/Dekina).
17. Jigawa (Gumel/Maigatari/Sule Tankarkar/Gagarawa).
18. Ebonyi (Ezza North/Ishielu); Bayelsa (Southern Ijaw) and Anambra (Igbaru).
This article was originally published on Naija News
Go to Source
Author: Rachel Okporu Fadoju